Nadesan Permaul

NADESAN PERMAUL...

After graduating from Verdugo, Nadesan Permaul (Nad) attended U.C. Berkeley where I earned my B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. in Political Science. I was a freshman in the Fall of 1967 and have been at Cal in one capacity or another since that time; 50 years this coming fall.

I met my wife Linda at Cal, and we were married in 1979. Our son Kiran is also a Cal graduate.  I retired as a full-time administrator at Berkeley having worked previously in several administrative roles between 1979 and June, 2011. Over the past 25 years, I have also taught in the Rhetoric, Sociology, and Political Science Departments, and continue to do so since my retirement from administration.

I have never forgotten my time at Sunland School, at Mt. Gleason and at Verdugo. It is important to me that I have been able to keep in contact with a number of folks from those years. I also retain fond memories of teachers I had at Verdugo like Mr. Lee, Mr. Weinar, Mr. Cordova, Mrs. Gray, and others who helped prepare me for college. I still correspond regularly with my 5th grade teacher from Sunland School who is now in her nineties. I look forward to seeing folks, and recalling our time together.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on a great life my friend! Thanks for your help at our upcoming reunion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment