Leslie Callaway Sorenson

LESLIE CALLAWAY SORENSON...

Oh, to go back to HS with all the wisdom of my 68 years! I attended Whittier College for one year after HS, then a year at Cal Poly Pomona. I married my HS boyfriend, Jim Sorenson, in March 1969. I worked a year at Lockheed and then returned to Cal State L.A. to finish my B.A. in Home Economics. Moved to Valencia, CA and took time out to have 2 children (1975, 1976). Returned to CSUN to get a teaching credential. Substitute taught for several years until accepting a full-time job at Agua Dulce Elementary. In 1995, we moved to Maryland with Lockheed Martin. I taught 9 years at a private school.

In 2009, our youngest son passed away at age 32 of metastatic ocular melanoma. That was my life-defining moment causing me to ground myself in my faith. We returned to CA in 2009 (this time Northern CA) to be near our oldest son’s family.

I enjoy quilting, traveling, reading, bible study, 2 grand-daughters, and volunteering. I keep in touch with Andrea King and Candace Turner Burns from HS. I wake up each day feeling blessed with what God has done and will to do in my life.

Comments