Katherine Norby Galbo

KATHERINE NORBY GALBO...

Our distance is .8 of a mile to the reunion from our house in Sunland, where Gerald (VHHS '69) and I have lived all our lives, including our 42 years of marriage. We have 3 married children and 3 young grandchildren.

Travels: In 1969 I spent the summer in Medford, Oregon. In recent years, Gerald and I traveled to Ensenada, Baja, Mexico for our son's wedding; but otherwise all our vacations have been in the continental U.S. -- with flights to the Midwest to see our daughters.

Most of my work life has been in office administration, but I enjoyed doing typesetting and light graphics while my kids were in school. As a side job I have been doing respite care for one client for 30+ years. I've also been singing semi-professionally since college. I plan to continue working as I am, as the church administrator for our congregation. Jerry is retired and volunteers at the church, so we are together much of the time.

In the new millennium I sang two seasons in the Hollywood Master Chorale along with my sister Christine, and served briefly on its board. My daughter, son-in-law and I also had a performing guitar-vocal trio. Classmate Kathy Visco was in a book club that I joined for a few years. I found deep water aerobics fun exercise.

I serve regularly as a cantor, play guitar, and sometimes write musical arrangements on computer. I participate with Stitchin' for Missions, coordinate other charitable projects for our church women's society, and serve on the executive board of the church. But time with our young grandchildren is golden!

I keep in touch mainly with Cindy (Nunamaker) Prichard, and Kathy Visco (now a cousin by marriage); and now several others, thanks to Facebook!

Comments

  1. Katherine Norby is an ironic and professional writer who published various bestseller books and novels. I’m a big fan of her and I’ve read her all books. My favorite book is "how to make custom Wiki pages" written by Katherine Norby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To jenna page: This is the first time I noticed this comment.

      While I am the VHHS alumna in the above photo and bio, the author Kathy Norby that you are talking about is a different person. Therefore, I can't take credit for her published works. Maybe I will look into her writing when I get the time. :)

      --Katherine (Norby) Galbo

      Delete

Post a Comment