Shirley (Bordeaux) Colvin

SHIRLEY BORDEAUX COLVIN...

I got married to my husband, George, in 1973.  We never had children of our own, but since I had 150 7th and 8th graders every day for 25 years that kept me very busy! For the first 4-5 years I taught PE and health, but when we moved to Valencia I got hired by the Hart School District and began teaching 'Teen Issues,' a class I loved and taught for 15 years (along with health and some science). It was a class that allowed me to know my students beyond the superficial level, and to guide them through what is often a difficult period of life. I was fortunate to have a job I loved and got excited about every day (OK well, almost every day!). During that time I was also privileged to be a mentor teacher for about 5 years and was once honored as "Teacher of the Year." I retired in 2007, and as much as I loved teaching, I really love having time to relax and enjoy life in a different way.

My husband and I love to travel, whether by plane and ship to foreign countries, or driving trips around the US. Two of my favorite recent trips have been a Rhine River Cruise to Switzerland, Germany and Holland, and a fall foliage cruise from Quebec to Newfoundland and down the east coast.

My sister lives close so we see each other often, and I enjoy sharing time with her three adult children and four grandchildren. Life is good!

Comments